• Online Today: 11
  • Online Ever: 137
  • (December 24, 2010, 04:56:57 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 4
Total: 4

Quote of the Moment

Author Topic: Officer Meeting Highlights!  (Read 3998 times)

Numina

• The Iron Bitch
  • Administrator
Officer Meeting Highlights!
« on: February 08, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
The officers try to meet every few months to talk about new ideas, flesh out old ideas and generally try to figure out how to make things better for you all.  Here's a quick rundown of the highlights from tonight's meeting.

Recruiting -- We are happy with the new recruiting policy.  We've gotten some great people and we're really making an effort to get to know you all.  Anyone who wants a refresher on the new recruiting policy can find it at http://www.sempervigilans.net/index.php?topic=501.0

Banks -- We'll be reopening the guild bank for general use with the exception of the ArmsArmor tab which will remain open for officer access only.  If there's anything in there that's appropriate to your level/spec just ask an officer for it and they will be very happy to give it to you.

Coming Back Soon...Help Night Mondays!  -- In a few weeks Kashea and Turkus will be once again be hosting a help night for anyone in need of an extra hand to get a pesky group/elite quest or even a instance done.  They are particularly excited to help folks level up, so please take advantage of them and any other officers who pitch in.  Obviously, we'll all continue to try and help each other every other day of the week, as well.  :)

Also Coming....Raiding Nights! -- In addition to adding an occasional Gruul's Lair run if there is interest, we'd like to get some groups together who'd like to experience an overpowered romp through old content.  Molten Core, Black Wing Lair, Naxxxramas, Zul Gurub, AQ 20, and AQ 40 are all on the table as possibilities.  We'll be posting more info on that and probably also a voting thread to see what locations people are most anxious to get into.  This is an opportunity for you profession completists to pick up those patterns you've been missing as well as a chance for folks to see content they've never seen before.

TS -- Just a reminder that the ts server is for guildies only.

Raid Planner -- We'd LOVE to see more people using it, so we're going to focus on using it more ourselves and see if anyone else follows suit.  Dying to run with an officer?  Sign up!

That's it.  Please post if you have questions, concern or praise for your officers!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:34:33 PM by Silvina »

MD

Re: Officer Meeting Highlights!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 08:19:42 PM »
1.  You spelled ideas wrong.
2.  My question is "What's for dinner?"
3.  My concern is that there's too many guildies who refuse to recognize my awesomeocity.
4.  My praise goes out to all officers not names Friginn. 

Morixian

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 09:21:32 PM »
You can't be awsome.........ur not a NY Giants fan.

:P

Fuggle

• King of Scots
  • Administrator
  • Forever n00bsauce
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 03:24:43 AM »
Turkey is for dinner, you're only awesome when uh... never mind.
Oooo picture of MD.

1.  You spelled ideas wrong.
2.  My question is "What's for dinner?"
3.  My concern is that there's too many guildies who refuse to recognize my awesomeocity.
Fuggle - Gnome Mage
Steady - Dwarf Priest
Myhumps - Dwarf Hunter
Simoncowell - Blood Elf Death Knight

Turkus

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2008, 07:27:21 AM »
HAM...ham is for dinner...

Spirirfire

• Officer
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2008, 08:49:43 AM »
I have a TS question. What if I have a Kara. run and can't get anyone from the guild and have to get someone from the SGA? Does that mean that they cannot  join us on the Guild TS for the run?  We just have to use chat?

Ampelos

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 09:35:49 AM »

how are we supposed to recognize my awesomeocity when your correct someone for spelling then use bad grammar in the same post

Numina

• The Iron Bitch
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 09:46:58 AM »
Yes, that's correct, Spir.  There's chat or there's in-game voice.  In theory I have no problem letting the occasional person into our TS server, but in practice all of those occasional PUG  people add up to a LOT of people with our ts password.  We've already had trouble with finding people we don't know setting up random password protected chat rooms on our server.

Spirirfire

• Officer
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 10:45:41 AM »
OK  ,
 I would never do it with a PUG. It would be someone I know or have run with in the past from the SGA. Plus most of my fillins have run with other SV members in the past. Like Amoondai,  Julz , Beltira and so on. But if I can't let them on TS then I can't. Those are the rules.

Thanks,

XB

• Officer
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »
I think that if your fill-in is an SGAer that an officer that's on says is good then it's not a huge deal, but Sil could correct me.
Abstinence - "A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure."

XB - Protection Warrior
ShaXB - Enhance Shaman with a side of backup Healing
DocXB - Healing Priest

Friginn

• Officer
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 07:59:46 AM »
XB - Sil usually does correct you.

Mental - you suck.

Morixian - dude.  The fact that Mental isn't a Giants fan just means that he's not missings as many genes as I thought he was.

and that's all I have.  post more so I can say more mean things.  :)